Visiting Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center
Learn more about visiting Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center, including visiting hours, visiting regulations, gifts and parking.
Visitors can be "good medicine" for patients, so family members and friends are welcome to visit. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
- Visiting hours are 8 am – 8 pm.
- One visitor at a time is permitted in all units.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital except the designated smoking areas outside the dining room and the ER entrance.
- All visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors at a time are allowed in patient rooms.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short, and to maintain a quiet environment, visitors should avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Special and extended visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician, and this information is only available to members of your immediate family you designate to receive it.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients, as some are on restricted diets. In the Intensive Care Unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
Please follow directional signs for visitor parking and patient drop-off/pick-up. Be aware of emergency vehicle traffic and pedestrians. Handicapped parking is available and marked. If you need assistance from your car to the hospital, please arrange transportation before you arrive, through your doctor’s office or through our admitting department.
Specially designated waiting areas for patients, family members and visitors are clearly marked and located throughout the hospital. If you have any questions, please ask at the hospital’s information desk or the nearest nurses’ station.
The Gift Shop has gift items, magazines, snacks, balloons, toiletries and flowers. The Gift Shop is operated by dedicated FDRMC Ladies Auxiliary members.
Offering peace, quiet and contemplation, there is a meditation room adjacent to the Radiology Department.