Individualized Inpatient Rehabilitation
Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center is proud to provide the only acute care, inpatient rehabilitation unit in Eagle Pass.
Now you can get help after injury, surgery or illness — right here at home. Featuring 21 private rooms designed for patient comfort and safety, we individualized plans of care developed by physicians and therapists.
Patients admitted for inpatient care may have diagnoses that include:
- Cardiac/pulmonary conditions
- Congenital deformities
- Joint replacement/fractures
- Neurological disorders
- Non-traumatic spinal cord injury
- Pain syndromes
Our clinical expertise and core values of compassion and respect demonstrate our firm commitment to providing the highest quality care for our patients.
If you need a referral to a physician at Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center, call our free physician referral service at 866-341-3362.
Family members are encouraged to contribute moral support and observe therapy sessions. Discharge instruction for family is an important part of every patient's rehabilitation. Specific training for family often includes:
- Transfers and ambulation
- Bathing and dressing
- Use of adaptive equipment
- Methods to conserve energy and protect joints
- Proper performance of therapeutic exercises
- Adjustment to changing life roles
- Management of potential medical complications
Inpatient Admission Criteria
- Receptive to new ideas
- Open to performing tasks in new ways
- Able to comprehend, retain and follow instructions.
Additionally, patients must:
- Require 24/7 nursing care
- Be medically stable
- Be 18 years or older
- Be willing to participate in therapy
- Be able to tolerate up to three hours of therapy per day/five days per week (modified schedule on weekends)
- Have the potential to improve function or achieve independence in a reasonable amount of time
- Require at least two types of therapy (physical therapy, occupational therapy and/or speech / language therapy)